View Single Post
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Brazil
My first post here...

I got my N9 last week and was so impressed by its features, design, etc... However, I also ended up having the "trying to connect to server" issue... After searching for solutions on nokia's sites I found my way here...

I've never used MFE, instead I've always used the standard email program by nokia. I never had any problems with my N8 or N85...

Honestly, I'm really disappointed... I do use my smartphone mainly to receive emails and it's really horrible that I can't receive emails... I have tried POP3 and IMAP but I always get the same errors. POP3 keeps trying to connect to server and IMAP says "an error has occured".

The only email that is working is the gmail account (which I had to create and redirect my original work-email to it). Although I'm able to receive/send emails the N9 does not synchronize by itself every 10 or 20 minutes (as it should) soI have to check it manually...

I can return the phone at the store until wed and get another one... I was considering android but I really wouldn't like to get rid of this N9 as it's so simple, easy to use and beautiful...

Does anyone at maemo or nokia have a position on this matter?

Instead of "connecting people" it would be much better just "connecting successfully to server"

The Following User Says Thank You to Cmitono For This Useful Post: