Thread: Device renaming
View Single Post
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Stockholm, SW
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
You set a custom name (afair in bt settings) which changes only bt name and internal device name for file manager.
That is a N900 system setting. And is still correct, right?

So you want the device name shown on your PC to be changed, did I understand correct?
As you formatted the eMMC, your PC recognizes this as a "new" SD/USB/removable device. Just right-click (or F2) and change in Windows Explorer, according to your wishes.
- Wow! Thanx!! You were sopt on - that is just the bluetooth name that shows up in File Manager. Dang! Anyway, i understand that i can change this very easily from Windoze Explorer, but there must've been some setting in the device itself that made the PC recognize it as Nokia N900.
..i dunno if i am conveying my question sufficiently well here.

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
If you mean what it shows in the computer while you connect it in mass storage mode and if you are using windows, right click on the drive when connected, click on properties and then edit the device name (it's an edit box up at the top, in the general tab next to the drive icon). You have to use autorun.inf to change the icon.
Thank you!!
I know this, as i've typed above.. in Explorer, there is that irritating problem of all CAPS device naming. I am looking for something within the device actually.

..great ideas guys! Thank you..

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900