View Single Post
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
CSSU replaced version with cssu8 - You can replace it with cssu7, but You'll got "broken dependencies" errors, after trying to install anything. One way to get around it is pinning package in apt-get (can't do that in fapman). Other method is to unpack cssu7 version, change cssu7 to cssu8 in control file, and dpkg pack it again. I'm using this exact method. I was explained in this thread, if I remember correctly.
---

Thanks for checking my issue. Still, I have no idea, what may be causing it (I doubt tweaking control file does?).

// Edit

OK, I'm pretty sure there is some voodoo'ing involved, but I've checked it moment ago, and now it's working flawlessly (including viewfinder changing brightness in higher ISO). For few days - including yesterday - it wasn't working, and I was scratching my head about possible issue, until reporting here. I wasn't installing anything related (just Cleven-experimental) or messing with any settings in-between.

So, sorry for false alarm, but I have no idea what was causing that. I'm glad it works, anyway...

// Edit 2

Ok, it wasn't voodoo after all. This bug still exist - it manifest itself only, if one choose (+) exposure (via tool button) and manual ISO. On all (-) exposure everything is fine, but on any (+) exposure and manual ISO selection, screen goes 100% black and resulting photos are also 100% black.

// Edit 3

The resulting photos and viewfinder isn't 100% black - if I direct device into strong light source, I can actually barely see it (both in viewfinder and resulting photos). Then strange thing is that, it's same for every ISO settings - even 1600 one! And, as I've said, it's happening only on (+) exposure settings (for example, + 0.5, +1.0 etc)
I can confirm this, I'm using CCU8 package, I hadn't had time to document it, and I have also been trying a lot of things at the same time (BFS, 720p, NITDroid, etc), so I hadn't found time to check it correctly.
But actually your description is accurate. I would add I have to change back to Automatic ISO to have a change to get again EV compensation working (and not black screen)...

I've also found it's really hard to "autofocus" when there is too low light... BlessN900 and Fcamera both focus faster on the same conditions...
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Last edited by strange1712; 2012-01-08 at 04:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strange1712 For This Useful Post: