View Single Post
By "work simultaneously", I meant that it could do exactly the same operations on /.debian/usr/share/X11/xkb/, as it does on /usr/share/X11/xkb/.

I understand (so-so) what You mean by setting up hal to use correct mapping, but, /usr/share/X11/xkb/ on device without extkbd installed is *much* different (in countless of file comparisons), that one device with extkbd. That's why someone using extkbd can't just copy /usr/share/X11/xkb/ to /.debian/usr/share/X11/xkb/ after dist-upgrade (people without extkbd upgraded can do it to get correct N900 hardware keyboard mapping, people with extkbd installed cannot, as it results in non-working special characters, invoked by BlueArrow (aka AltGr).

I just though, that part of things that extkbd does, is to manipulate /usr/share/X11/xkb/, and restore it back from backup, when external keyboard gets disconnected. So, I got an idea, that the same can be applied to /.debian/usr/share/X11/xkb/, thus achieving workign external keyboard inside LXDE.

If no, what the heck bt-hid-scripts are doing, that they support external keyboard on LXDE? As you probably noticed, qole shifted gis interest in Harmattan, and getting even simplest answers from him, require weeks of waiting (and, a little provocation ). So, in fact, Easy Debian is now maintained (unofficially) by Sulu and me - thus, extensive work on Squeeze image.

That's why it would be really great, if You could look @ possibilities to achieve external keyboard support also in LXDE (by looking at bt-hid-scripts code, or other means), via extkbd (GUI and it's backend parts). Of course, I know that You're already working actively on plentora of N900 projects, and I'll 100% understand, if You just plain lack of time to do so.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!