View Single Post
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
I know I may be in the minority here, but I don't think I'd use folders. My app view scrolls like butter in the sun, so I don't think I'd care about 'another step' when I could just scroll down. It's kinda why I love the N9, it's all so smooth and liquidy, no need to slow myself down with tap tap tap folders.
You're not forced to use folders. And I can understand you. My N9 feels very smooth while scrolling thru the list and I don't like folders very much, too.

But despite the wonderful and smooth working application view I would like to get the folder feature for one reason: The list is currently to long on my device and it slows me down because of this reason. If I search for a app or link I know it is somewhere in the middle at the left located... then I'm searching for a spot in the color I'm searching for... scrolling up and down... searching and hunting...

I will not put all my apps into folders and categories... in fact I wan't to create only 2 folders:
  • Bookmarks (to get all the bookmarks out of my app view)
  • rarely used apps (to make the list shorter and put all the games and not so often used stuff there)

As soon as I have tidied up my app view this way I'm sure I will continue to use it as you do. Scroll fast to the app I want to use.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post: