View Single Post
Hi! My carrier is Personal, and my N9 came with neither Skype nor WiFi Hotspot. Just yesterday I’ve been able to update the firmware (currently running PR1.1 20.2011.40-4.324.2_PR_324) but this didn’t allow me to download missing applications, so I found this post and it has been very helpful! Only difference for me was that in the first edited line ("deb https://qa9recEP:Pat2UGuP@downloads..../harmattan/001 ./") I found a “324”, not “420”. After that, I followed every instruction and everything worked out fine!

About nfc… I was really disappointed when I read that this feature was disabled here since my nokia bh-505 supports this technology. I’ve tried:

Code:
apt-get -y install nfcd
and it quickly installed, but the feature was still missing. Then I tried with:

Code:
apt-get -y install conn-dui-conndlgs-nfc 
apt-get -y install conn-dui-settings-nfc
and nfc became visible in device settings! But when I turned it on, an error message warned me that nfc could not be activated.
the last thing I tried was:

Code:
apt-get -y install nfc*
…a few more packages were installed and I turned off my phone. When I turned it back on, nfc was running and detected my headset immediately!

Sorry if it looks kind of mess up, but I’m no expert. I only hope that this can help someone else like the previous posts did helped me (I really wasn’t too fond of changing product code or reflashing my phone just in order to have skype )