View Single Post
Hi,

I found a solution for blank screen when you run Cutetube-QML 1.x.x.
Here is the instruction that I found for myself.

1. Uninstall ALL the Cutetube applications. No matter what versions of you have, you must uninstall EVERY Cutetube on your phone. This will clean up all the dependencies for Cutetube.

2. Find out two dependencies for Cutetube-QML 1.1.1

Here is the link for you.

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/fremantle/free/q/qmltube/qmltube_1.1.1_armel.deb

You will get dependency errors when you try to install it. No worries!! Just save this "qmltube-qml 1.1.1" installer on your phone and exit out the application manager. It will probably ask you two dependencies; ffmpeg, libqtm-12

3. Open up X-TERMINAL and install two dependencies first using APT-GET.

You must use root access and type these commands.

apt-get install ffmpeg
apt-get install libqtm-12

Once you successfully install these two dependencies, then go back to the file manager, and click the downloaded file "qmltube_1.1.1_armel.deb" to install it. If you're pr1.2 user, you may need to use "dpkg" command to install it. If you're pr1.3 user, just click the file to install it.

After you install the dependencies and the cutetube 1.1.1, please run it and make sure if this is not showing blank screen.
I didn't get blank screen at all once I follow these steps.

4. Last step! Upgrade your current cutetube-qml 1.1.1 to 1.2.4.

Go to the application manager and click "Update". After a while, it will show you the cutetube-qml 1.2.4. Go ahead and click the program to update!

voila~ Now you have up-to-date cutetube-qml 1.2.4 without blank screen!

I hope this would fix your blank screen problem!

Last edited by springwork; 2012-01-17 at 01:14. Reason: Changing sentense and color