Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] [Announce] Advanced Geocaching Tool
View Single Post
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
A few times now I have arrived at caches that have been archived. As I read the code, AGTL does not check for the archived status.

(How wonderful AGTL is, is beyond any doubt of course.)

When downloading the overview from an area, geocaching.com will normally only return the valid caches. Also when downloading all details for an area.

When downloading the details after entering the details of a selected cache, geocaching.com will send the html in which a warning block will state the cache has been archived.

The least I would like to see, is that in this case AGTL will set the status to DISABLED. I made some changes to cachedownloader.py, but cannot seem to test it. I asked webhamster; he is probably too busy and rightly so.

Could anyone else test the attached version of cachedownloader.py? If it works, we could simply ask webhamster to distribute it as an update to the parser.

The proposed functionality:
- Test for the 'Archived' warning block in the beginning of the page
- And/or test for the 'Archived' traffic cone at the logs (I doubled the effort as I couldn't get it to work.) This may be tricky as caches may be set to valid again after being archived.
- When Archived, give it a recognizable title like '-X-', put the word 'ARCHIVED' in front of the long title, and set the status to DISABLED/unavailable.

Cheers, Rob
Attached Files
File Type: zip cachedownloader.py 2.zip (8.0 KB, 98 views)