View Single Post
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovakia
Hello Matias,

0.0.7 is a great upgrade from 0.0.6. You did an amazing job. I really like the interface changes as grid view, list view. I really appreciate the multiple pages mode. The fact that you consider implementing the equalizer in the future is great news.
What I found out lately is that flowplayer supports "jack sensing" and it pauses playback automatically when headphone jack is pulled out. Great!

Last.fm support - works great - Artist, Album and Song info works, scrobbling, love track both work fine.

Lyrics fetching works as you intended (I believe that automatic online fetching wasn't implemented by design).

I have the impression that the loading time is slower than with 0.0.6, but I guess that's because you added the library refresh function (my library counts 251 albums/3060 songs). There's a system warning screen (FlowPlayer not responding - Close application? - Yes/No) displayed on every startup because of this. Maybe a different (non blocking) startup strategy would be possible: start app first, schedule update later after startup.
I noticed that the library gets updated only on second start after adding something to the library. Example:
1. connect N9 in USB mass storage mode
2. add an album
3. disconnect USB
4. run flowplayer
5. the new album is not visible in the library
6. quit flowplayer
7. run flowplayer
8. the new album becomes visible

There are still some characters that cause problems with album art display or album content recognition. I think that you should allow all characters (@' - are not interpreted correctly).
Example 1: Album name: It's Only Rock 'n Roll - Album is listed correctly with its album art, but the songs aren't visible.
Example 2: Same artist, album names are: Great Song, Great Song (EP), Great Song Tour (1999) - when I choose the album called Great Song, it contains songs from all three aforementioned albums - incorrect behaviour. When I choose album Great Song (EP) or Great Song Tour (1999) they both contain only their respective songs - correct behaviour. Default N9's Music app doesn't have this problem.

That's all what I found. Keep up the great work. Thanks again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aiiz For This Useful Post: