View Single Post
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by dglent View Post
I did nt see this :
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsso...a_pro-3779.php
3.7" display
Finaly i bought this phone for ~350€

My comparison from my experience with n900:

- The device is not as robust as the n900 is. I feel it more "light" and when i have it in my hands i think that is more a cheap gadget than a mobile device.

- It has a hw keyboard, not very bad, bigger than n900 but i prefers the n900 feeling in the fingers and the layout.

-The photos are much better than n900. I can take a photo of a page and read the text, something that i could nt do with the n900

- The virtual keyboard is better that the n900, even in vertical position you hit 99% the "right" letter.

- About applications, Android market offers a huge number of applications and third party companies support android so i found eg: an application for my bank, and some other useful things. Also for navigation because eg Sygic , they dont support any more maemo and since a couple of days they pulled out the logo of symbian too from their site. But when i visit the android market i feel like a customer and no more like a user (in compairison with maemo).

- I think the OS maemo is much better than Android, and after my first experience with android i dont understand why nokia stopped the development of a such excellent OS. Now i dont have multitask like maemo but a kind of recent applications that i found very poor and without the features of maemo multitasking
In maemo i can do anything from the touchscreen but in this device of android i have to press always the buttons HOME BACK PROPERTIES for the basics gestures.

And i did nt understand yet when an application is closed or if it is still running in the background.

--------

The problem is that i did nt have any choice, i could nt pay another time the price of n900 but i dont think either that with a more expensive device than the xperia pro i could offer me the maemo experience.

I am really sorry that projects like maemo dies in the name of the commerce.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dglent For This Useful Post: