View Single Post
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
The problem is not memory consumption, but the cpu one! As soon as cpu usage goes high, radio hangs and you gotta restart radio. Another reason was that QWidgets were not born for mobiles, where you can rotate device orientation, so rotating UI where there are complex elements require relayouting the whole UI, which is not that easy task. QML instead is another thing.
Then put Landscape and Portrait in option, add message saying you need to restart radio to change orientation, save preferences and next time radio is started it will load in particular orientation.

I guess some app used flow layout to change the layouts between portrait and landscape (which is definitely harder as per my experience as well) and some other app probably used multiple controls (elements are designed fro two views separately, show one that is useable in current view while hiding other). In my case (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=nepcal check the screenshots, its not autoflow or hiding something but repositioning based on orientation of hildon-menu at startup), I used hardcoded positions (pixels), these values has different values in terms of positions and size depending upon current layout. Or maybe even design two separate UI and load one according to preference.

I am not good at those things, take those suggestions as one from noobs. I might be missing lots of issues that may arise while implementing those values.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post: