View Single Post
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Borneo
Originally Posted by ColaCheater View Post
The Password is set during the registration process but usually it is an transformation of the IMEI of your phone (in case you don't want to stand out you should also do it like this). I must admit I don't exactly know how this transormation works but I have the code that does it.
I just wrapped it _very dirty_ in a standalone Java program to test it. source: http://pastebin.com/npbwcj1s
I really don't know what it exactly does and didn't look deeper into it but it isn't a "real" md5 I think... (Maybe someone who knows how to create an MD5 in Java can look at it what is different except the reverse of the imei?)
Does it necessary to generate password using IMEI? I think we can just select a random password, can't we? I have tried using "007" as udid and the registration seems okay. As long as we save that password in the software or remember it in our brain, it would be okay, right? This password probably used by Whatsapp server mainly to identify our cell phone. By assigning a predefined password, maybe we can switch our whatsapp to another machine without reregistration. Does it sounds cool?

Last edited by didik.wahyono; 2012-02-04 at 00:44.