View Single Post
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
cc to @ammyt ,
For now the software of NITDroid is almost fully functional on my device, but I'd like to point out some probs related to hardware or not-so-well-written system scripts:
1. Dragging down/up the status bar is VISIBLY more laggy than normal Android devices, even low-end ones. Not just that, most 2D usage and some 3D ones like switching between apps, daily use with live wallpapers, and effects in TouchWiz 3 / 4 launchers (EDIT: Tap Tap 4 opens after establishing an Internet connection BUT gameplay is again VERY laggy and unplayable due to the lack of 2D acceleration, I guess) are all slower than expected. (I thought N900's OMAP3430 CPU can outperform the MSM7227 on most low devices, but when I saw a Galaxy 5 - not S - dragging down and navigating through menus smoothly / my mate's ZTE U880 w/ a Marvell ARM9 CPU playing Tap Tap well I began to doubt... And when I saw Moto's Droid 1 w/ OMAP3430 running TouchWiz 4 smoothly I knew it must be some optimization prob that can be solved)
2. Gravity sensor's directions seem wrong in many apps, like the latest Doodle Jump, SpeedX 3D (gosh that's a favorite of many) and even the system Gallery app. (check these out yourself)
Just will these little (?) probs be solved with further scripts/updates quickly? I don't wish for too much ICS or some new version, just make the current stable version PERFECT first please e-yes!

Last edited by AndyYan; 2012-02-08 at 09:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post: