View Single Post
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi, since yesterday my optical sensor doesn't work anymore. All I know is that it shut itself off and then I restarted it and I didn't pay attention(not unusual for this to happen) to it and the it shut itself off again.

<skip>
I noticed lots of camera-ui instances working in the background some hours before it happened, because I like to put all the hildon things to priority level -20 (I could try to do it via script upon start but whatevs), but I thought it was somewhat normal.

As it was the third time, I payed attention and then took a look at everything. Well, the flashlight_gtk didn't show up after opening lens cover.
</skip>

After some digging, noticed that nobody anymore is detecting the lens cover open. It stays shut forever. The "dmesg | grep cam" shows
cam_shutter (gpio 100) is now closed
cam_launch (gpio 69) is now inactive
cam_focus (gpio 68) is now inactive

Yes I tried the search, but it is overcrowded with fcam related problems, I couldn't find anything of value for this problem.

So, I believe I could live without the detector If I could manage to change the gpio value manually. Is it possible?

Thanks.

Last edited by Temporal; 2012-02-11 at 21:52.