View Single Post
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by talmage View Post
I'm not sure I understand your problem. Is it that the camera app won't start? That happened to me once after I colored black the little white stripe on the inside of the back cover of the phone. A piece of white tape fixed the problem.
No, the problem is that the optical sensor (hardware) looks like is broke. The back cover is fine, I even tried with other back cover that I have spare here and nothing happened.

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
That interface is read only, by reading it you are calling rx51_show_shutter() which reads the gpio.
Look at the file arch/arm/mach-omap2/rx51_camera_btn.c
You'll need to modify rx51_show_shutter() and if you want a writable interface you need to add a function to write it.
Oh no, that was my main fear... so I should rewrite some of the code, and then I need to recompile and learn how to synchronize with the kernel... oh my... I'll loose all the rest of my leisure time on this... OR I could try to replace the optical sensor for an equivalent one. Thank you for the answer, sorry if I'm not happy for it