View Single Post
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Sorry maacruz, but after repetitive failures on installing scratchbox and make it start, I decided to try another route, that is, to fake the dbus-signal if anything.

This is the progress I have made so far:

Up to this moment, by reading a lot, I got this, that at least lets me use the camera and flashlight app:
Code:
sudo hal-set-property --udi /org/freedesktop/hal/devices/platform_cam_shutter --key button_state_value --bool false
I'm still looking for the real dbus signal for the state change in order to fake one. Again, at least this will let me use the camera. If I had that I'd use shortcutd in order to launch a script that would read the fake state:
Code:
sudo hal-get-property --udi /org/freedesktop/hal/devices/platform_cam_shutter --key button_state_value
and then if true change to false and send a fake signal (was opened);
Then, after using flashlight or camera app, I'd have to manually hit a shortcut on my desktop to undo all I did, by:

Code:
sudo hal-set-property --udi /org/freedesktop/hal/devices/platform_cam_shutter --key button_state_value --bool true
and sending a fake dbus call that the shutter has closed for all the apps that see it (like Lens Cover Reminder).

SO: Does anyone know what would look like a dbus signal for both shutter opened and closed?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post: