View Single Post
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
bingomion, look at the CSSU changelog and you'll see how many bugs they fixed, and how many features they introduced. Sadly I cannot really go back to the N900, because in Canada its 3G bands are incompatible with my carrier, and I cannot switch carriers. My phone plan would cost anywhere between CAD$150-200/month with someone else, whereas it costs me CAD$80/month right now.

I do find your suggestion that I am a fan boy amusing. Fan boy of what? The N900, N9 or Sensation?

tebsu, although I only had the N9 for two weeks, I have have a fairly extensive experience with smartphones. If something doesn't work properly, I know how to spot it. Tell me I'm wrong about the erroneous link clicking on the N9.

There may have been a few things I missed on the N9, but take a look at my ad blocking thread and some of the proposed solutions:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82180

When the main fix is to flash an experimental kernel that has quite a few drawbacks, or to use an alternate browser that is not very usable, you just know something's wrong. Ultimately modifying the hosts file works, but I don't think that's something a normal user should have to do.

You are right though. If Nokia would have focused exclusively on Meego they could have had something great. But they didn't, and now they never will.

jleholeho, I have never used Windows Mobile, but I believe you that it is awful. That is one aspect every reviewer agrees with. And having Elop bet the house on it was simply idiotic. Going with Android and transforming Nokia into yet another generic Android manufacturer would have made more sense than becoming a generic Windows Mobile manufacturer. Sticking with Symbian/Meego would have made even more sense IF they had pumped all the company resources into Meego. But they didn't.

Look guys, the reason for my previous post was not to bash the N9. I liked the phone, but I did not think it was worth $600. I may still pick one up just to play with when the price drops down to CAD$2-300. And by the looks of things that may happen very soon, within half a year.

I was partially venting my frustration. :P Although I haven't posted much, I spent 2 years reading this forum and I did not want to give up on it. However it looks like this is the end for me, and I am a bit sad for it.