View Single Post
jalyst, I actually did read that one first; it was the first thread that showed up in my search. But I didn't think it was similar enough a problem to merit posting in; it seems to address a specific problem rather than being a general battery life thread.

In my case, it's a steady but rather quick drain (3%/hour) rather than a massive drop in the stated battery life. And I don't do short charges. I think I've recharged four times in the six days that I've had this phone, and the amount of battery life I've gotten has been pretty consistent. According to Battery Usage, my idle average consumption is around 40 mA with an active average of around 159 mA, which doesn't look to be close to what the people in the thread you mentioned had experienced. The only time it seems to drop more quickly is when I hop onto WiFi for... maybe 30 seconds or so.

Arie, I don't see SmartSearch in the "top" results at all. Is it something that ought to be showing up? I'm on PR 1.1, but a lot of the search results I've seen about SmartSearch seem to be from pre-1.1 days. I did do a reset a couple of days ago because I didn't like how I tweaked the phone at one point, but I'd imagine that any indexing would've finished by now.

Jordi, I tried moving an app's icon. Is there was a way to verify that it's the bug aside from the try-it-out-and-see-what-happens thing?

Edit: Talk about a stupid question. My idle average consumption's was at 3 mA about 1.5 hours ago (it's around 10 mA now), so there's definitely some significant improvement after moving one icon around. This is what I get for posting right after getting up, I guess.

I guess my question about the estimated idle usage time still stands, though. It seems to be either an extremely conservative estimate or a complete miscalculation. When I was at something like 29% charge early this morning, Battery Usage and the system were estimating 3+ days of idle usage time left, which, given the idle consumption of 30+ mA at the time, wouldn't have made much sense. I'm at 8+ days of estimated idle usage time now with an average idle consumption of 11 mA, which still seems kinda high. Is there some factor I'm not taking into account?

Last edited by chaohuei; 2012-02-17 at 14:52.