View Single Post
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
You're deluding yourself if you think other major smartphone OS's are free of nasty bugs.
I use 2-3 on a regular basis and I'm aware of many for all of them.

Just use your head and carefully read/try this
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...20&postcount=8
You might actually surprise yourself...
And you'll provide invaluable feedback in the process.
We can help you do it, we're very good at that here comparatively speaking.

Then vote for & subscribe to those reports, to get an update on when fixes are coming.

To be honest, I don't have an N9, my wife does. I do the support. Without me doing that, the device would likely have been sent back to the shop within a week. Or ejected out of a window (avoided that by telling how expensive it was,.. that got me an incredulous look and something in the sense of: so much money for a malfunctioning phone?)...

I do agree that she would probably send back any other smartphone within a week as well.

Now, just about 2 months later, she'll say that the reason she likes to keep it is that she can read books on it (fbreader and epub); she sometimes uses the camera for photo/video, uses the calendar (after I set up syncing, so now I finally know what the family plans are for the weekend and such - this is my big win and well worth the money).

She still claims that her Nokia 6030 was better for the tasks of just phone and sms...

Oh, and she does have touchscreen-incompatible fingers, as a rather large minority of the population at large seems to have; swype improved things tremendously, but before on PR1.0, she couldn't use the keyboard, it would register the letter a row lower than she touched almost all the time...

tl,dr;
give the guy a break who is upset if expensive gadget x is not making him happy. and guy, give the fix a try, perhaps things are not so bad.

My opinion: I miss the N9 UI every time I handle my own (android) phone. I'll get a new phone next month, most likely the Samsung Galaxy S Advance (android).

The Following User Says Thank You to aRTee For This Useful Post: