View Single Post
So this is my story

My phone all of a sudden started doing stuff by itself 1-2 weeks ago.. would type random letters in chat, open random links/zoom in and out in web browser... essentially it was like a ghost was using my phone. This would only happen, say, once a day. As soon as I locked/unlocked the phone it would go away

Then, I could also use the phone at times without touching the keypad, i could put my finger near the screen and it would register as me touching it.... So I could (try) to type a message without touching the screen... again, this would disappear as soon as i lock/unlock the phone.

Took it to Nokia (and couldn't show them at the time what it was doing as it only happens sometimes), they replaced the display and re flashed..... Got it back and it was still doing it a few days later

Took it back again, and luckily it was going spastic in front of them so they could see the problem for themselves. They booked it in for repair... Went back today to pick it up. They re flashed, saying it was the 3rd party app causing it (N9 Tweak).....

So I walked out of Nokia, went up the street, and again, my phone was registering me touching the screen when I wasn't (it wasn't going nuts by itself though)... This is a problem they hadn't seen themselves before

Walked BACK in, showed them footage of the problem (this was footage i'd taken on my spare N9 a few days earlier... didn't manage to capture it doing it today because when I pulled out my spare n9 it stopped doing it). Because the footage was from a few days ago they said they would need to take the phone again for a longer period of time to test it themselves.

Now, can people on here please tell me whether they've had a problem with the N9 Tweak APP..... either the phone going spastic by itself intermittently, or, the touchscreen working when your finger is in close proximity (not actually touching it)

They said they would send it back to me in a few days to save me travelling there, either my current one or a new one if they can see it happening for themselves

I can understand how maybe an app can cause the phone to type a whole sms of gibberish by itself, i don't understand though how it could cause the touchscreen to behave the way it is

Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated!