View Single Post
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Just downloaded and tested the demo. It works on my DM500, and I'll buy the full version soon.
Thanks! Sounds great.

1. You may already be aware of this, but the DM500 (and possibly 600) has slightly different button mappings than the other Dreamboxes with the larger remotes. In particular, the DM500 doesn't recognise the command issued by the Info key. It's the same with the remote on the web interface (I guess that's where you get the commands from), so it's not your fault and it's no big deal for me.
Hm, yes, I got it from the source of the web interface. What is your advice?

Should I remove this button (hence, it doesn't work at not a single Enigma 1 dreambox) or should I create a setting and hide it especially for the DM500?

The question is: Why is there this button at the source of the Enigma 1 web remote if it doesn't work at Enigma 1?
There must be a reason for it... or am I wrong?

2. There are a couple of small UI aspects that you could tweak. For example, the menu item with label 'search for help and support' is all lower-case, which is out of step with the other menu items. Also, I would probably use the placeholderText property for the remote title when none is set. That way, when the user taps on the TextEdit component, they don't have to delete the 'Remote Name' string before adding their own. It might also be a good idea to do the same thing for the IP address, so you don't have to delete the zeros.
Ah, yes. Good find. I will change it soon.

I hope the Demo version won't get too comfortable with this tweaks.
The storage of the settings and the splash screen is the only difference...

I do also notice that there are some cases where you don't appear to use the 'standard' components. For example, the dialog that is raised when you want to delete a remote does not use the standard QueryDialog component (see screenshots below). I think it would help give the UI a more consistent look and feel if you used the standard components where possible.
As always, great feedback!

I have Friday a day off. I will look into it why I have implemented it this way. The most qml elements are made myself because of the user interface. I was at example unable to use the standard Toolbar. And also the buttons have some additional properties. I remember I changed this QueryDialog several times during the development, but I can't remember the reasoning at the moment.
I had a lot of problems to create a endless scaleable ui to switch between remotes with a single swipe. So I'm personally very proud to get this even working.
But this query should work independent from this... I will look into it.

I hope you could give my Application despite the minor flaws a good feedback.
I will correct the complaints soon.

I observed yesterday the rating at the ovi store. The first rating was 4 stars, even before I created this thread. Later the average rating sagged to 3 stars and in the end 2 stars.
So at minimum 3 ratings without a comment or feedback why. Not very well.
Because of some reasons it seems to have not worked as expected for some guys... thats sad.
But the biggest surprise was someone who has bought it even without dbox2 support and wrote he is waiting for the support for his receiver. And despite he was unable to check if it works or not he gave a good 4 star rating. Hurray! But this rating was unable to change the average result...

So I went yesterday very depressed to bed... But the biggest surprise was today the ovi store statistics. Quite a lot purchases, and all from china!

I can't believe dream multimedia sold 99% of their dreambox receiver to china. Very strange. Either the download statistics from nokia are broken or something is very fishy. At least it feels like this to myself.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.