View Single Post
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Thanks! Sounds great.

Hm, yes, I got it from the source of the web interface. What is your advice?

Should I remove this button (hence, it doesn't work at not a single Enigma 1 dreambox) or should I create a setting and hide it especially for the DM500?

The question is: Why is there this button at the source of the Enigma 1 web remote if it doesn't work at Enigma 1?
There must be a reason for it... or am I wrong?
The Enigma web interface is the same for all dreamboxes, and displays the larger remote that is used for 7025 etc. The DM500 uses a smaller remote with fewer buttons (see below). It does have an Info button, but it must be mapped differently. I'll see if I can discover the correct command for Enigma1 boxes (if it exists).

I hope the Demo version won't get too comfortable with this tweaks.
The storage of the settings and the splash screen is the only difference...
Don't worry, I'll be buying the full version.

I have Friday a day off. I will look into it why I have implemented it this way. The most qml elements are made myself because of the user interface. I was at example unable to use the standard Toolbar. And also the buttons have some additional properties. I remember I changed this QueryDialog several times during the development, but I can't remember the reasoning at the moment.
I had a lot of problems to create a endless scaleable ui to switch between remotes with a single swipe. So I'm personally very proud to get this even working.
But this query should work independent from this... I will look into it.
Sure, I can see that there are quite a few instances where the standard components are not sufficient for your application. I have experienced the same thing myself.

I observed yesterday the rating at the ovi store. The first rating was 4 stars, even before I created this thread. Later the average rating sagged to 3 stars and in the end 2 stars.
So at minimum 3 ratings without a comment or feedback why. Not very well.
Because of some reasons it seems to have not worked as expected for some guys... thats sad.
But the biggest surprise was someone who has bought it even without dbox2 support and wrote he is waiting for the support for his receiver. And despite he was unable to check if it works or not he gave a good 4 star rating. Hurray! But this rating was unable to change the average result...

So I went yesterday very depressed to bed... But the biggest surprise was today the ovi store statistics. Quite a lot purchases, and all from china!
My advice is to not even read the reviews in the store, because you cannot respond to them, and they often do not contain sufficient information to act on. The information in the store clearly states that people should use the contact email address or website to report issues. Simply ranting in the review section or giving a one-star rating is of no use to anyone.

I can't believe dream multimedia sold 99% of their dreambox receiver to china. Very strange. Either the download statistics from nokia are broken or something is very fishy. At least it feels like this to myself.
The Chinese make a lot of Dreambox clones, that's for sure. They are a lot cheaper than the genuine boxes. I'm not sure how popular they are in China, though. I thought most of their business was in Europe.

Oh, and by the way, does the screenshot feature work at your DM500? (pull the remote to the bottom)
No, it doesn't work for me. I didn't really expect it to. However, it does work from the web interface, so it's probably down to the Enigma1 image and how it executes the command.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-02-23 at 15:43. Reason: Replace broken image link

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: