View Single Post
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Semantics. I create something in Unity3D, I can port it to WP7. It's the same way if I build in Flex, then compile for AIR or for web. It's a tool that does what I need - I create once, deploy many.
Me: WP7 has no OpenGL
You: WP7 has Unity3D
Me: WP7 has not Unity3D
You: WP7 has toolkit to port to Unity3D games to XNA (which is not that easy as click here, click there, because there is no Custom Shaders in XNA
Me: Wp7 has no OpenGL once again and has no Custom Shaders ability as well

Good. Now show me a toolkit, an IDE or something that has some fanfare outside of this group of folks. Corona SDK? Nope. Torque? Nope. Hell, the HTML5 Canvas and/or WebGL support in Webkit desktop is great, it's slow on the N9.

Those are the tools that I use. What are the alternatives - serious question, btw - that will enable me to do the same kind of work that I do all day already? I'm serious... I see a huge gap in IDE's - but not in programming languages and libs.
I am using Qt3D but I know it needs some improvements, so I won't recommend it now. But you can write custom shaders with OpenGL in GLSL and it's the best. You can use QtCreator to write in OpenGL and Blender or 3DsMax to create models.

Never said WP7 was superior. Again, are you ****ing reading what I'm saying? I was quite specific before when I answered. No Google Analytics app. No Google Plus app. The Google Voice app rarely worked for me. No video Skype. No http transfers over wi-fi (proven wrong).

Out of that list, WP7 is just as guilty - all but the Google Analytics app. You people get your panties in a bunch when people don't gush and praise the N9. I got two of them. Both have problems.
I can at least admit that. Glad you could too.
I haven't said that you say WP7 is superior. But look at the topic, it's all about why N9 should be used instead of Lumia in first place by Nokia.

Thanks for the link above, you just made my fave phone that much better.

I can admit that too.
I really appreciate this.

Last edited by elemental; 2012-02-23 at 21:58.