View Single Post
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
It might not be automated as such, but it's easy enough to browse to the content from the client & initiate a stream.
It's crucial because the N9 was never endowed with MHL or HDMI...*
802.11an + DLNA server + DLNA client gives us a way to "stream" 1080p content.
The data is compressed & when it gets to the client actual decoding of AV is done there.

*even if it was the N9 wouldn't have the grunt to output 1080p, that's where a DLNA client comes in.

*EDIT*
I see what you mean now, you're referring to content that's not actually on the phone.
IIRC he confirmed push isn't there & isn't coming, twas in one of the posts or in the comments.
But hopefully he'll substantiate this....

Cool.

Not sure if that really is the definition of "push" as such...
Having the phone be the DSP + DAC & redirecting that output to WiFi so it can hit the client.
I don't see how that would be technically feasible at all...

Assuming it is (which I don't), I agree it makes little sense to do it that way.
I'd much rather have a decently spec'd DLNA client handling the actual decoding/DAC.
Yes i want to be able to stream non local sound

It is possible to push media from phones. Android has apps for it and symbiam have nokia play to app that push the sound. I dont know about the quallity though. This play to apps push local media.

But lets forget about the push part and try to get the n9 to send the sound thats playing via wifi for now