View Single Post
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Ok, thanks. I realize that we are different kinds of users in a way. None of your four points are important to me. I'm not on AT&T (Sweden), I don't need any quick access to a mobile camera, I don't use facebook at all (not even registered since I don't want to sell my private life or data anywhere on the net). It does have spellchecking in SMS and email, even if it's somewhat simple. I don't need speech recognition to my device because that stuff is usually limited in function and works very poor anyway. Never seen anyone anywhere actually use it. For navigation I use Mobile Maps 10 which is more than good enough.

I do agree the N900 is getting old, but as far as I can see there's no alternative for the software developer type of guy. It does its thing for me and its more than good enough. In fact, my boss switched his N900 for a droid. I have urged him to keep his N900 in case something happens to mine. I will buy it from him in such case.

iCrap is not even on my map. I don't even see that stuff, I'm totally blind to that dumbed down religious junk.

But of course I understand and respect your own point of view on it and it was all I asked for.

I honestly hope you find something that will replace your N900. Maybe you should go for the N9 after all. As I see it, it might actually fit your needs. Its a strong competitor, and after all its the last good stuff from Nokia before that company went insane.

Last edited by Larswad; 2012-03-06 at 22:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post: