View Single Post
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
*Sigh*

First off, there is no "camera" folder that I know of. There is a "DCIM" folder, which, in the normal file manager, shows up as "Camera" - but point is it's still called DCIM. If you just open X-Term and type "cd camera", you will get an error.

-sh: cd: can't cd to camera

So IF you did "cd camera" and "succeeed", you were either in some folder that shouldn't exist, in a folder you made yourself (makes sense), or you typed a different command than literally "cd camera" - in which case don't put it in quotes, because that's misleading.

Anyway, when you open x-term, you start in the ~ directory. This is actually a symbol used in most Unix-derivative OS shells for /home/user/ - what you see in your file manager is one folder above that: /home/user/MyDocs . Now, I'm assuming, based on what little information you left, that you want to go to the folder where the camera saves pictures. So when you open X-Term, type "cd MyDocs/DCIM". Then do the mv [filename1] [filename2] command. If the file you're using is a .jpg, then make sure to include that at the end of the name, both the original and the renamed file.

Honestly, though, I would recommend you go download a few of the other available file managers and test those out. They let you go through more of the file system without having to go through X-Term. If you really want to learn the X-Term way go for it, but you'll probably find the actual GUI program way much easier.
i want to rename this : /usr/share/applications/hildon/xmoto.desktop1 to : /usr/share/applications/hildon/xmoto.desktop

i did as u said bt its is sayin

mv: cannot rename 'xmoto.desktop1': permission denied

what should i do its urgent !!!!!!

actually i installed "Appslocker" and i was not knowing it will hide all folder i marked "application manager" , "settings" , "backup" ,"file manager" , "filebox" ," mediabox" , games & By mistake i marked the appslocker tooo so all files got hidden no way to bring it back this all file will only come back when i change the "xmoto.desktop1" to "xmoto.desktop" of each file hidden the only way left was Xterminal bt now m loosing my hope ... i can neither install any application as application manager is lock tooo nor i can use any such program to rename Please please please Help!Help!Help