View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Tarzan- View Post
I'd rather buy 10 LG $hitty phones than to win an iPhone in a lucky draw.

I'm loyal to Nokia, so no matter what OS, it has to be Nokia
This type of blind loyalty doesn't help progress nor does it help Nokia to see that they need to cater to customers, rather than the other way around as it appears they've understood.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
yeah, if nokia still manage to use WP as their main OS and stoping maemo development then N9 will be my last nokia phone, if tizen never come android is better than the rest(no offense), maemo with proper support will rule!!
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
You forgot to add "nokia support"
Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
I'd buy pretty much any successor to N9 if it was running meego harmattan or something based on that. I'd even do it just to make a statement. I can't believe that Nokia is giving up on something that could've been miles ahead of the competition in favor of wp. Them silly gooses.
THIS is what I believe to be the important dimension to the historic woes of Maemo/MeeGo and most things Nokia has touched. Nokia has made incredibly stupid decisions shortly after putting out some innovative products well ahead of everyone else and COULD have lead the pack in the current tablet/phone wars... if only they had provided openness and support to their customers and community, physical presence wherever their devices are sold and, most importantly, listened to their customers to give them what they wanted. They decided not to be competitive. It's showing, and all of their competitors are noticing and taking advantage of that opportunity. Nokia needs to go back to the winning strategies that got them where they were and that their competitors are now using to clobber Nokia down. The new CEO is an unfortunate clown. Entertaining, impotent and tragically, embarrassingly so. Until I can see a genuine attempt to reach out to the open-source community and to support customers properly (seriously--mailing your phone to get it fixed?? sometimes not even getting the same model back??), I cannot see myself purchasing any new devices from Nokia despite being "Linux based" or "open-source based."

You guys are the ones hitting the nail on the head to point out support and openness as the most important features in any brand of hardware. I'm currently using Androids to fill my needs, but (same as my opinion about Nokia before) I don't feel married to it if something better comes along. If Nokia were smarter, I would easily jump back in again--but I just can't see it with the way Nokia intends to run its coarse.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: