View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
You could argue hildon-home rotation will decrease battery life due to the processing power of doing the rotations.
Yeah, actually, I was kind of surprised to find a note about that in the Qt documentation:

Note: The device's rotation sensor will be enabled when auto-orientation is switched on, which will drain extra battery power.
I've gotta admit, I also haven't (yet) chosen to switch from PR 1.3 to CSSU. I don't personally have an interest in using my phone in portrait mode, and other than that, it's really hard to tell exactly what the CSSU adds. I started digging in to the CSSU back in January (you can see my attempt to start a more detailed Wiki page), but I've since had all my free time consumed by another project. From the little I saw (I mostly just looked at the changes to the Modest e-mail program), I didn't see too much in the way of significant improvements, and there was at least one addition (offline IMAP support) that looked only half-baked and honestly kind of dangerous to use...

The truth is, it is really hard to find out exactly what the CSSU does. Bare changelogs are just not all that helpful.