View Single Post
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by caa View Post
Hi All,

Just an update, Purelygadgets have delivered the White N9 without any issues.

This is a 'made in Finland' device.

They are currently selling at £379 on their website but unfortunately now showing 'out of stock' .

However, I noticed it seems to drift in and out of stock, so you could keep an eye on their site if you are still in the market for one.

Thanks
Hey caa,

Can I ask what power adapter came with your white N9 - is it a UK plug, or a foreign plug with a UK adapter? And were the accessories all you were expecting?

I only ask 'cos I ordered my N900 from purelygadgets.co.uk back in August 2010, and not only did it take a week longer to arrive than they said it would (thus ruining my summer holiday that I'd planned to take it on!) but it also came with what looks like a Japanese or Hong Kong plug coupled with a UK adapter, which I thought was a bit weird, considering the device was available in the UK. See pic here: http://bit.ly/zfC8Fw

Also it didn't come with UK accessories, like those mini-adapters for old Nokia plugs.

I emailed purelygadget a few times about these things, and they fobbed me off, saying "we HOPE to deliver within 2-5 days but..." and "with regards to the box contents, items may differ depending on the suppliers..."

I've emailed them just last week again about their white N9s (this thread has only just now reminded me that I had a bad experience with them last time with my N900), asking whether the N9 would be a Finland version or China.

They replied firstly, "We are unable to guarantee origin would be from Finland. We can only confirm that all stock in hand is for the UK and EU market".

Which kinda sounds like they don't know what they're talking about, there is no "UK market".

Upon further badgering from me, they said "Please note that all of our products are fully UK specification with English manuals and UK plugs. We source them directly from where they are manufactured for the UK market", which kinda worries me that the customer service people are nowhere near where the stock is.

Conversely, when I rang Handtec.co.uk about their 'opened box' Black N9 64GB, the guy was able to go out the back, get it, and tell me exactly where it was made (Finland).

However, I can get £30 cashback if order through purelygadgets via quidco, so if you say all is good with them, I might go with them.

Ta