View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
@geneven: If you can access what you would like to read using a browser then you can use OverSkreen (not to be confused with Onskreen) to make mutiple windows for browsing. The window (or windows) will sit on top of whatever app you are running i.e. Chess game, mail, polaris, angrybirds and so on. One nice thing is that if at some point you prefer to have full screen with your app you can tap a button on the top of the Overskreen window that relegates it to the taskbar. Going to the taskbar you can bring it back. Now, lets say, while playing chess you would like to listen to Mozart but do not have any music available. If you have the Stickit app, you can go to Youtube, pick your favorite piece, say the clarinet quintet, and then play it using Stickit with no screen visible if prefered. Unfortunately it will not make your cappuccino!

@danramos I think there is great hope here and the multitasking experience will continue improve on android due to growing interest in the android community. Perhaps partly due to former N900 users having to switch to android! Currently, (I prefer to be wrong here) I do not think any of the products you mention are generally available in a form that they can readily be used.The only exception is cornerstone onskreen that provides, for free, a ROM for the galaxy tab. Have you given it a try? Anyways, if anyone knows of a product that one can run apps in a window (less desirably in a multi-pane) on the Galaxy Note I'd definitely like to know!

Last edited by mscion; 2012-03-14 at 14:38.