View Single Post
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
How is it going to work, do I need a linux distro with xbmc only? Right now my configuration is Win7+xbmc and I don't have xbmc on auto-start for now.
Otherwise that sounds too awesome to be true, I just learned how to use WOL with my Win7 and so far this saved me from loosing few calories. Ability to wake xbmc would save me from touching mouse and keyboard altogether.
At the moment I do not use WOL as my HTPC is connected via WLAN only. I am using Win7 and have just recently changed my settings to have a up and running XBMC after starting up (only on seturn from suspend-to-disk I still need to press the users login).

First tries were with adding xbmc to autostart but recently I found something on the xbmc-wiki which pushes integration a bit further.

Prerequisites were setting the user account to automatically log in without having the benefits of a password secured administrative user compromised. In the proceedings I actually locked myself out of windows while trying. Only a restore point from earlier that day brought me back.

If you want more details give me a shout.