View Single Post
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Problem:
I tried installing Kubuntu on my card. This is what I found out:
resolv.conf does NOT sync with the host. It should normally do this during a chroot. (Or is this a consequence of dist-upgrade?)
And I had to do some manual installs, which again led to a freeze in some parts of the kernel of my system. Now I'm pretty confused if I should give a beep about the health of the card or not, as there are a ton of processes running from it. I can't stop any of them because of the freeze, so I have no choice essentially. Just a good-to-know for others: dist-upgrade + kubuntu-daily don't mix well.

Oooh... I'm currently booting up to KDE. As soon as I have access to a terminal... Ultimate tweaking begins... (Namely shut up Nepomuk and the next CPU hog I see.)

Ok, a little summary of using KDE:
- Bootup requires some time, as apt has to do its regular thing and so on.
- Still the stuck-on-drag bug/problem, especially on widgets
- Experience is generally smooth...
- I don't really know how to use KDE... xD (Long-time Gnome and Unity user here...)
- It seems like most of the slowness is simply caused by, well, because it's KDE on 600Mhz and a 110Mhz GPU (not sure if it's GPU accelerated..? Could be..?)

I'd say it runs well for being Kubuntu, though. I'll try and see if I can get Gnome Shell running. I think it should be lighter, and I also have a working display manager that I can fall back to.

How do I connect to Wifi from the KDE network applet?

Gnome Shell is currently not possible to install... There is some mess with the dependencies. gnome-shell-common is apparently version 3.3, while gnome-shell is 3.2...

Xfce it is...

Ran out of juice while installing... Meh... Fixing that later.

Last edited by Nokia 5700; 2012-03-18 at 18:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokia 5700 For This Useful Post: