View Single Post
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Couple of questions...

On completion of the script SMSCON replies 4 times to the master number. Also test functions report twice to the master.
Are these suppose to happen? Seems a bit excessive when one is enough.

When I send a command from the master number to SMSCON, it warns me that the number wasn't the master number due to it not having the international prefix.

E.G. +447822xxxxxx instead of 07822xxxxxx

This happens even though the conversation app shows the message in national/local format.
I guess the only way to solve this is to store the master number in international format?
Numbers like 07822xxxxxx are ambiguous. Its only a guess if some applications treat them the same as +447822xxxxxx; they would treat them the same as +227822xxxxxx as well. For SMSCON these are all different numbers. SMSCON is tolerant only against leading + or zeroes.

AFIK there is no disadvantage to specify all numbers using international prefix. Even if calling a local number using an international prefix the telecom provider treats and charges that as local call only.

Number differences explain why you got an even number of SMS (4); so it would be 2 after changing the master number having an international prefix. Are these 2 remaining sms exactly the same? Or do they have different "subjects"?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post: