View Single Post
This could potentially help me solve a problem that is fairly serious as far as my usage of the N9 is concerned. I have a Parrot MKi9200 car system and, with my old N8, it would sync and transfer the contacts perfectly, allowing me to use the voice commands and make hands-free calls from the car. However, the N9 doesn't sync contacts with the Parrot and I cannot, for the life of me, work out why. The Parrot forums don't offer an insight but I have found that, if I create a new contact / receive a contact then that contact WILL sync with the Parrot system and I can call the contact. Weird, and I have no way of explaining it other than this new contact (which isn't synced to my corporate Exchange account) must be saved somewhere else, meaning that the Parrot system can sync it. If anyone can elaborate on this / offer any explanation (and solution!) then that would be most appreciated. It's (almost) a deal breaker as I make a lot of calls from the car, and being able to just say the name, have the Parrot voice recognition system work with the sync'd contacts and make the call was something that I valued greatly while using my N8 / MKi9200 combination. With this, and the camera (OK, I know it's a good camera on the N9, but I DO miss the excellent unit on the N8...) I'm almost tempted to go back to my trusty N8. Almost...