View Single Post
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Germany
Hi,

I think I just found a solution for you as I was going crazy for a few days now having my new N9, updated to PR1.2 and not being able to ssh into it from a remote machine at home.

I checked a lot of threads and forums all around dealing with this ssh log in business but I was not able to succeed.

Now, looking to this thread and once again checking the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file I found the restriction that blocked me all the time: it was the line of "AllowUsers" and a variety of limited ip address ranges - due to my individual setting of my home network I could not access as my ip start with 192.123.x.x.

After editing the line AllowUsers in /etc/ssh/sshd_config and adding *@192.123.0.0/16 and a restart I am now able to access and log in via ssh from my Ubuntu machine(s).

I am not quite sure about the syntax of the AllowUsers address ranges, some hints might be appreciated.

I logged in with the developer account and passwort set via teh SDK tool on the N9, but will check next if it also works now as user@n9-ip.

Regards,
Timm