View Single Post
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I guess someone is really jealous of success. A normal human reaction. The 800x480 resolution that nokia phones carry is sooooooo yesterday. Windows found a hardware handicapped Nokia as a partner. Lumia 800 visual experience on my phone is better than N9, but still inferior to iPhone 4s. Retina display or whatever you want to call it is truly superior. Read the links above by resolution experts.
I think you mean Nokia found a software handicapped windows as a partner. Windows phone does not allow anything above 800x480 on any phone. Even if Nokia wanted to they couldn't put anything higher on it. If anything Nokia went downhill since then, they were initially pushing high PPI more than Apple. When I got an N900 it had more than twice the resolution of the iPhone's measly 320 × 480.

Resolution experts? who are they, what do they do? "This has a higher number therefore I conclude that it is better". Doesn't take a rocket scientist does it.

If however you are talking about the brightness test results then that doesn't paint the whole picture either. Brightness is often about visibility i.e beating external sources of light like sunlight. When doing that you need to take into consideration other factors like anti-reflective coatings, transflective screens, etc.

If it's PPI and resolution that turns you on then you shouldn't even be getting excited over the iPhones "retina display". It's a marketing buzz word for something that Apple is not even a leader in. The Xperia S already beats "retina display"

Xperia S: 341ppi 720 x 1280
iPhone 4S: 326ppi 640×960

Last edited by Cue; 2012-03-26 at 03:54.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post: