View Single Post
Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
These specs are actually fake, along with all other SGS3 specs, designs, pictures etc.

Samsung have made it very clear that due to the worry of competition copying them, they will only announce the SGS3 when its release is imminnent.

I don't blame them for this, as when Apple was the market leader, it did the same with its iPhones, announce and then release them straight away. Until then 100s of fake specs and designs would circulate the internet to create drama, demand and discussion, some were probably secretly released by Apple themselves for promotional reasons.

I'm sure Samsung is doing the same as they now have the smartphone crown and who can blame them.

However I do think the specs you have outlined are not too far off from the actual release we will see, who knows the actual specs may be even better (or worse). Only time will tell
...Well so far the Galaxy S line has been the premium choice for Android handsets and Samsung wants to keep it that way.
One area in particular is the SoC, where the original Hummingbird rang circles around the competition (HTC, Motorola, Apple) and same with the SGS2.

Now HTC has re-shuffled its strategy into more "premium" direction with its One series. Its introduced the Qualcomm S4 core, the first with the new Krait architecture. And the performance is appaudable. It runs rings around the old Exynos 4 and the Tegra3, and is almost as fast as a Cortex A15.

So now if Samsung's Exynos 5 is simply a 1.5GHz Quadcore A9 (like Tegra3) it will be much inferior to HTC in the performance compartment (which is Samsung's homeground).

So either Samsung is really going to beef up the A9 in many ways for the SGSIII otherwise it will have to be early (and the first) with the Eagle architecture (A15).

Frankly I wish for the A15, but its somewhat unlikely.
I think we might instead see a 2GHz Quadcore A9 with very speedy components (RAM, NAND, GPU etc) and a "fifth core" possibly based on the Cortex A7 clocked at 1GHz, which is the newly developed solution and touted as the most efficient processor in the world.

One thing is for sure; things are about to get very (competitive) interesting, very soon!

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: