View Single Post
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Vesuri View Post
It's otherwise doable (and actually was already done a couple of years ago), but since the N900 screen doesn't support multitouch it's only fully playable using the keyboard. (Most players will want to use both flippers at the same time.) This, in turn, pretty much means landscape only gameplay which will most likely put off some people. The PSP version did support portrait as well though but that was much more suitable for the PSP because of its button layout. On the PSPgo, which has a sliding screen like the N900, the controls were rather awkward in portrait. Because of these reasons it was not seen feasible to release an N900 version but to go for the N9 instead.
Wouldn't this solvable using "resistive pseudo-multitouch"? When pressing two spots on a resistive display at the same time, it will report an event in the middle of those two (one can check this e.g. with mypaint). I do not know your implementation of Pinball Fantasies on the N9, but I guess flippers are controlled by something like "lower left border touch -> left flipper", "lower right border ->right flipper". So if you receive an event somewhere in the middle of the lower border, you know that the user probably pressed both flipper buttons.

But as I said, I only know this game on the Amiga, so there might be more involved than this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oblomow For This Useful Post: