View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Those who have problems with abettercamera, find attached a zip, containing some DSP codecs and OMX JPEG encoder. Extract the files in appropriate places :

contents of lib/dsp goes to /lib/dsp
contents of usr/lib goes to /usr/lib

You can make a backup of libOMX.TI.JPEG.encoder.so, but that is not really needed.
The codec nodes from the archive are those which come with PR1.3, just renamed with uppercase JPEG and USN. The library(again from PR1.3) is modified to use those codecs.

NOTE:
What I saw during my playtime with abc is that it is closed source. Which I am not saying is bad, as long as your closed source application does not use GPL-ed code. And that is what I saw in abc - it is using parts of gst-dsp code to load and execute its DSP processing algorithm (almashot.dll64P). The function names, which match 1 to 1 with those defined in dmmbuffer.h (part of gst-dsp) are:

dmm_buffer_new
dmm_buffer_allocate
dmm_buffer_map
dmm_buffer_unmap
dmm_buffer_free
dmm_buffer_flush
dmm_buffer_invalidate

dmm_buffer.h is licensed under LGPL v2.1 and copyright holders according to the file header are Felipe Contreras (felipec@TMO) and Nokia Corporation.

While I am not a lawyer, my understanding is that if you use parts of LGPL-ed code(as source, not external library), you should open-source your application.

I would advice those of you who has purchased abc (or have blessn900 installed, I suspect it is the same situation with it) to ask their author(s) for the source code with the above arguments.
Attached Files
File Type: zip abc.zip (108.7 KB, 1127 views)

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-04-02 at 17:12.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: