View Single Post
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
There is plenty of room to improve both preenv and WebOS Games Manager and they are the most capable projects to allow new games to be played in the N900. Both Javispedro and Divan seem interested in provide help if someone volunteer to take maintenance of the projects.
If you're picking up on preenv, you'll likely need real hardware, both phone and tablet would be nice. There are some quirky things happening with a few games that I can only assume are related to the dodgy pirated copies floating around out there, and more testing needs done with legitimate releases.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
And third, add support for HD games maybe by merging changes to preenv or by using different libraries for those games
I would've liked to create a qt based version to run on both fremantle and harmattan, but the softfp/hardfp seemed like a showstopper to me. There's something going on with Firefox on harmattan with regards to softfp, but I'm not sure what they're doing. I looked for ways to distinguish between HD titles, but couldn't find any, so it seems per-game settings are needed. Sandboxing also seems like it would be needed, maybe something like fakechroot would solve that, and possibly leverage those techniques to get softfp binaries running in harmattan at the same time.

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post: