View Single Post
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
So now we have another piece to the puzzle, as you have proved that "standard output" can be redirected to out USB device. It's just that all the pieces don't quite fit together yet :-)
Despite fact that Oblomow's idea/experiment is great "side-channel" attack on our current problem and I'm very thankful for it, it's not exactly like that.

Standard output is unaffected there - it's just that, at some point (close to end) You're "splitting" output to two sources. "cloning" it. Now, this second branch, is directed @ external DAC.

This approach seems to be most resource-intensive, as device is doing the same sound-related work literally twice (well, except actual media decoding). Which, of course doesn't change the fact, that investigating recaller code was a brilliant idea, and I would not think about something like that in thousand years.

Still - correct me if I'm wrong - we can't scavenge knowledge learned here, to achieve our main goal. What about investigating Maemo's pulseaudio code? Maybe it's really some "uncomment" work to allow hassle-free redirecting of output (like disabled mouse)?

/Estel

// Edit

And what about mafw-wrapper? Is it closed source? Maybe we can alter it to pout sound to external DAC instead of pulseaudio?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-04-04 at 21:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: