View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Seriously though, SD69, could You please waste a little from your already occupied timeline, and document here at least part of Your countless attempts to communicate with X-Fade/Nemein? Alongside channels used (e-mail, for example).

It's really frustrating to read BF about "random ping at irc" - AFAIK, it was used as accompanying, last-resort desperate tried to regain contact after months of blackout. Writing here, that no support was given, because IRC ping were *main* communication channel, isn't just plain rude. It's something more.

/Estel
Yes, I tried repeatedly and got no response. I'm not going to empty my mailbox, but here is an interesting one from a couple months ago:

"Matti,

Do you have any response to this? Is the lack of responses to council intentional or are you under some distress at your job or something?

Rob"

We don't know what happened and probably never will. I accept what X-fade said above. He even apologized (I'm not sure he had to), so of course, I accept it and we move on. He even acknowledged that appsformeego was priority, which is what I suspected (after all, who says to a girl "I like you, but there's someone else I want to spend time with" - it's awkward). These are the things that happen. I don't see that there was personal fault or animosity - just a bad situation for maemo which we have managed to extricate ourself from. Frustrating? Yes, it was. But try to take solace in what would have happened if you and I had done nothing and that has been avoided.

Matti and X-Fade were probably caught in the middle, perhaps they couldn't say so either. They are not against maemo - it's WP7 and some executives at Nokia who are.

Besides, what I really care about is that maemo was being abandoned and left to die, but now it is on the upswing with momentum and people are contributing to solving the problems we identified. I never even imagined then that QGil would come back to maemo, so it was more than expected. If people don't recognize what happened, I'm not going to spend more time that can be better used on something else.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: