View Single Post
Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post
The swipe is required it was meant to prevent accidental touches to the screen while your phone is in your pocket. I've experimented with my phone in the pocket, without the screen active and tried walking. The cloth that makes up the pocket is not thick enough to prevent the screen from recognizing the "touches" your thigh (sounds silly, but true) makes when it comes into contact with your pocket and your phone. In short, when you walk, or probably do anything that involves you moving your legs, the N9's screen will be very very prone to accidental touches, even in your pocket. Go ahead. Try it. See if it doesn't magically bring up your Feed app, or Twitter app, or Facebook app.
I see what the op is asking for here, it would be no different to the n900s incoming call screen no? We don't really have any issues with unwanted screen presses in the pocket as the proximity sensor would not allow the screen to become active preventing any actions occurring.

So I would have to ask if there was something in the call screen code that is overriding the proximity sensor to wake the screen upon an incoming call?

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-04-09 at 11:49.