View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
No Dan. I want you to not troll THIS thread. If you insist on continuing the pedantic Nokia bashing, find a more appropriate outlet. This isn't it.

EDIT: on the other hand, if you want to constructively criticize Nokia decisions that are germane to the topic, I'll not only get off your back, I may even agree with and support you. My issue as a moderator is more with the abject hostility than the intent.

Anyway, don't expect further posts like that to stand in this thread. I'm pretty lax on topic-veering and even silliness but there's a point called "enough".

Back to the topic...
The abject hostility might be proportional to the abject futility over the years, but your point is understandable. How this benefits either Nokia nor consumers that purchase their hardware is beyond me. After getting burned and watching how it's gone, I'm not compelled to purchase again and I just keep waiting because it WAS hopeful and MeeGo just melted away similarly, if not quicker.

The questions I asked still remain unanswered and unsatisfied except for some distracting 'hey, guy! look over there!' sort of responses. Nothing that sounds like collaboration or forward momentum so far. Anybody from any side care to give a proper answer about open-sourcing crucial, still-closed portions that prevent new kernels and enable a fully functional operating system (at LEAST on older hardware Nokia doesn't support anymore, for crying out loud)?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2012-04-13 at 05:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: