View Single Post
Android is only successful because it's "GIVEN AWAY" to handset manufacturers and we all know how the majority of manufacturers want something for nothing, (evident by the number of patent lawsuits flying around). And given that Google is not in the top ten list for trustworthyness, granted not a lot of companies are. Nokia have made a few dodgy moves in the past, but they haven't been on the same scale as Google, MS, Yahoo etc etc etc.
Then you've got your networks, who have been allowed to put whatever hacks, custom software and heavy restrictions into the OS, which range from heavy ad based browsing to the downright unscrupulously hidden eavesdropping hacks that phone home on a regular basis. Apple, Blackberry and Google devices were all found to contain some sort of data gathering hacks (installed by the manufacturers or network providers) that went way further than just looking to see what apps you installed. As far as I am aware, myself, I haven't heard anything to suggest Nokia did the same.