View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Yeaaaa Mr Negative...lets celebrate Nokia failure....yeaaaa....take
some Prozac and enjoy life
Looks like youre little pissed cause WP is failing because of todays facts?
You just want to give him a little assuring pat on the head while your shake your own, right? Perhaps a better nickname would have been 'Angry Man'? Oh right! It's already been done. I like it when he goes off on these elementary tantrums triggered by simply talking about Nokia's declines and epic failures. I can't help picturing a fuming, spoiled, fat little child that gets upset when people talk about Nokia. It's sad but cute and entertaining.

Symbian is failing. Last I checked NOKIA started selling WP only few months ago. Get your facts straight.
Symbian was doing pretty okay before Elop announced he wanted to kill it, as I recall. Say... isn't Symbian STILL outselling Windows Phone even now? I don't have the numbers here in front of me, but do you mind checking that for me? Don't forget to cite a source!

Anyone else, maybe?

Yes genius. Its because Chinese are hip and want Silicon Valley products. Who wants Symbian phones. Have you handled N8....oh my what a dinosaur. Dont blame WP for NOKIA losses. Its all Symbian. Symbian should have been gone long time ago.....it was the pre-Elop incompetency that led to this balance sheet.

Meego, is still a beta OS by every yardstick. It cant compete with iphones and droids. Period. If you want to argue otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves. So NOKIA made a move they had to make. Perhaps its too late. But dont blame WP. WP gave them cash and a sense of direction. Symbian and Meego burned cash and were destined to perish
As someone who lived and worked in Silicon Valley--I'm not sure where Silicon Valley products is relevant, nor where your claim for this amazing demand in China for Silicon Valley products is coming from. But I can blame WP for NOKIA losses. Here's how I see it: WP was already a losing product, Nokia was in a downward spiral from the top--and it only went downward FASTER after every time Elop opened his face-hole, especially after he announced moving to WP... which only made it worse FASTER. I would have to point out that Symbian and MeeGo would have likely carried Nokia farther even in status quo (which was pretty bad as it was) than this move to WP's infusion of cash and direction.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR