View Single Post
Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by LordFu View Post
I just received my boxwave anti-glare screen protectors today. They're very nice. I'd tried some generic screen protectors (my advice is don't bother), and I'm extremely pleased with the apparent quality of boxwave's product.

I do, however, fail at applying any screen protector, without qualification. I'm very glad I ordered three, as I crimped the first one I applied, along with leaving the sticky side exposed long enough to collect an ample supply of dust. The good news is none of my failings are noticable when the screen is lit, and the screen is very readable in direct sunlight, now.

When the screen dims, my lack of skill is very apparent. I'm going to wash this one off, and try to re-apply it, when I get out of work, today. I think I'm going to appreciate the "washable" attribute.
After purchasing a Martin Fields screen protector ($12.95) and dropping it, sticky side down of course, within 30 seconds of peeling the protective sheet off, I went with a non-adhesive protector from NuShield. It is a few mm larger than the visible screen and slips between the screen and the edge of the case. If you really try, you can slide it around a few mm, but in normal stylus use it doesn't move. It's supposed to last a year, we'll see.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson