View Single Post
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I know... the length of it sickens me. I have many UI related things I'd like to improve. But as I have very limited time to work on this project, I've had to choose between implementing new functionality and doing the UI plumbing work. So I've delayed the UI work.

But I have thought about that reorganization. I have two ideas how to solve it currently (and I am interested what solution people would prefer).

1) Reorganize the actions into groups like you showed.

2) Keep the flat list, but initially hide all other actions except 2-4 that I deem as most commonly used. Instead there would be "Add more" button or something like that, where you could select more actions to set-up. Once an action that was initially hidden is defined, it will become visible on the main edit page. One option would be also to not have any initially visible actions, but only button "Add action". Another, later option could be to have a settings page where user could himself define what he considers his "favorite" actions that are shown initially.

I'm currently liking the solution number 2 more, but it's a bit of a work.
Yes, I like your idea too

I guess I can help you to change the UI. I have no idea of QT but I guess with the sources and the QT IDE I can help you to improve it as suggested.

If you like, tell me. In case you would it might be that I need your help, but I guess everything is self-explaining (QT as well as your sources).

The Following User Says Thank You to JLo For This Useful Post: