View Single Post
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Excellent work on the app. I'm encouraging everyone using N9 to donate.

I think QNeptunia works the same way for push notifications, since I receive mentions as soon as I connect to the internet even when the app is closed. So I think that will be a pretty cool feature. Just wondering how the battery life is affected though. Hopefully it will be fine.

But I have one question which many users are affected with: does the app work with WiFi only or can it work on 3G/2G network as well? PR 1.2 has this issue that the built-in browser and many 3rd party apps work only on WiFi and fail to load anything when you're outside on the road using mobile network instead. There are those terminal commands that fix this issue temporarily, but Opera, Firefox, all chat services and a few other applications work fine on 3G somehow, so I don't know if this is MeeGo's issue or some code each developer has to enter in the app to make it work with 3G. Can you please test it outside WiFi? Since the main idea is to chat with people while outside or travelling, etc.

I also agree with kb61 and others about the UI layout. The one kb61 photoshopped looks perfect for Whatsapp. Of course, if you're able to do such a UI, that would be awesome. There are many designers, me included, who can help with the design. If it's not possible, then it's still fine, the amount of work you guys did makes up for everything really.

Keep up the good work!