View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
Thanks, I got hid of it already, but this should be a good app.

It doesn't solve the overall need for multitask, only on the browser, but it sure helps.

And it still has the problem of lack of real software........ I will wait for w8 x86 tablets.
Fine.. fine... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sageek.stickit

Even for viewing.

For example, I couldn't (and can't) plug an Android (or iOS) tablet to my PC (or wifi into my network) and grab my projects and simply open then for viewing purposes.

I need to either email then to me (beyond stupid), and then download the converted project from autodesk somewhat automatically. OR send it over to Autodesk and download the converted files.

Both are impractical, and slow. Even if I just view then, everytime there is a change in a project I need to do that again. And to do that with over 400 or 500 projects takes many many hours. And usually these Tablets do not have enough memory to store that much information.

And I can't just select everything and tell it to update. It won't do that and only support 10 files at a time.

I can't set up some kind of SVN or stuff.

If a Linux handheld (like a n900 or n9) had support for cad I'm pretty sure I would be able to set up a SVN to automatically update my projects.

On a x86 windows environment, I'm sure I can do that. If win8 supports everything that win7 supports (on a x86 processor) I will be very happy.
What the hell are you babbling about? At least CAD software is even AVAILABLE on Android--that's a far bit better than the N9/N900 productivity experience already. Who KNOWS what the experience will be like on x86 Windows tablets and whatever limitations they might have. They don't even exist to purchase yet and, given Microsoft's past trends, they HAVE tried to limit and cripple experiences on their operating system--Why shouldn't Windows 8 experience the joys of crippleware?

Yeah, that's the version.
There is no Android 2.5, as Gerbick already pointed out. Did you even look?

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
jotoco, I'm fairly sure Android and iOS have keyboard and mouse support and office alternatives. If you plan to use keyboard/mouse more often than touch then I would also need to ask why you plan to get a tablet or what you think Windows 8 will bring.
Didn't he, earlier, point out that he has an Asus Transformer? I had a coworker with the TF-101 and I can ABSOLUTELY confirm that it supports bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse, as well as USB keyboard and USB mouse IN ADDITION to the keyboard/trackpad dock that was made to work with it. There's absolutely no excuse for claiming that it can't and I can confirm that first-hand on precisely that model. For the record, I have both Android 2.3.5 (Galaxy Tab) and Android 4.0.4 (Galaxy Nexus) and they both support bluetooth keyboards and mice... so even the Android version isn't really much of an excuse.

Also, yes--there's a PLETHORA of very good office apps available (Google Docs, ThinkFree Office, DocumentsToGo, OfficeSuite, etc.).
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR